PlumbingHome Improvement

Water Softener For The Whole House

Does anyone have any recommendations for a whole house water softener? We recently moved into this home and found that we have very hard water! I want to get a whole house softener, but I am not sure what is the best way to go? Any advice would be helpful.

Thank you
Joanne from Colorado

You could go to Home Depot or Lowes, and I am sure, if they can't help you, they could tell you where to find help.

We too have hard water where we live. We purchased a water softener and had it installed in the garage. Only the water in the house is softened. I would not suggest salt as the softening product, but I would suggest potasium. Salt can make the water taste salty and if you have high blood pressure this is only adding to your problem. Good luck!

Suggesting Potasium as a healthy alternative to sodium is quite incorrect. Both are equally unhealthy. I would hope next time you look for a softener alternative