Italian Seasoning Recipe

I just ran out of the Italian spice mix that came with my spice set. I know that it is a mix of spices, but I don't know what. Does anyone know how to make the Italian spice mix?

Carrieleenh from Hollis, NH

October 6, 2007 Flag

Looking for a recipe mix for Italian seasoning similar to McCormack's mix. I have most of the ingredients on hand, but not sure what portions to use. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you,

Italian Seasoning Recipe

This is from "Not Just Beans" by Tawra Jean Kellam. I have made this and it is equal in my opinion. Like you said, I had all the ingredients and they needed to be used up.

1/4 cup dried basil

2 Tbsp. dried marjoram

2 Tbsp. dried oregano

2 Tbsp. dried corriander

2 Tbsp. dried thyme

2 Tbsp. dried rosemary

2 tsp. garlic powder

1 tsp. sugar

Combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dark place for up to three months. (09/13/2004)

By Cindy in AL

Food and Recipes Recipes SpicesSeptember 12, 2004
Bay Leaves
Old Bay Seasoning Mix Recipes
Herb and Spice Mix
Homemade Herb and Spice Mixes
A bottle of homemade salad dressing.
Making Italian Salad Dressing Mix
Italian Seasoning
Italian Seasoning Recipes