Outlet Doesn't Work After Cutting Through an Extension Cord

While I was trimming hedges I cut through my extension cord, now the outlet doesn't work. I've checked the breaker box and attempted to reset the outlet by pushing the reset button, nothing is working. Does this need to be replaced?

Andy from Minneapolis, MN

I'm not an electrician by any means, but I would guess that it wasn't a three-prong circuit with a GFCI on it like it should have been and will be after you call an electrician and have that outlet box upgraded so this won't ever happen again?? Other than that, I don't know anything to help you. Go ahead, all together everyone, you can now yell "So why are you even commenting???" =oD

We had a problem with the outlet in our basement. Whenever it rains, it trips the outlet. Sometimes we have to go to the upstairs bathroom and reset that one too, before the basement one will kick back on. I am not sure why, but maybe they share a line somehow? Try resetting all the GFI's you can find in the house.

you need to see if you burned the wire in the outlet and if not its the outlet itself if so call an electrician

Sometimes the thrown breaker needs to be manually turned all the way to off before turning back to on.

Home and Garden Repair Home ElectricalJuly 1, 2007
pull start mower
Repairing a Lawnmower Cord
Plug Outlet
Getting Plugs to Stay in Outlets
Electric Blanket
Finding Replacement Cords and Controls for an Electric Blanket
Storing Extension Cords
Storing Extension Cords
🎉
🎄