Brew Twice and Save

Money is tight, and we love our morning coffee. I found a way to save 50%. I find the brand name on sale, and buy the darkest roast (look for scale on tin). Brew a full batch of coffee, pour into pitcher. Then fill reservoir with water again. Using the same grounds, brew again. When finished, pour in with first batch. Mix. Now you have 20 cups of coffee for the cost of 10. Remember: dark roast and regular strength cost the same! I strongly suggest using brand name (there is a difference in this case), and you can also use coupons! Live Thrifty!

This month's Consumers' Reports magazine gave 8:00 coffee their 'Best Buy' rating. I buy it at the local grocery store, though different stores have different varieties...I like strong coffee and find the Italian Roast does well for a thrifty price. Try the regular blend and if it's not to your taste, move up to the French or Italian (darker/more bitter) roasts. They also make hazelnut and vanilla flavored coffees. Whole bean or ground.

Starchild, this was a FANTASTIC tip! I read it this morning & just decided to try it out. My new favorite dark coffee is actually Dunkin' Dark, but it's expensive and I'd never thought of brewing it twice.

I just finished my 2nd cup of the twice-brewed coffee and while it's a little lighter than the first brew, makes a perfectly respectable cup of coffee. Excellent tip - I'll be using this every day, saving money, and enjoying my coffee!

And Tennesue - I'll definitely be on the lookout for the brand you recommended too - thank you!

I do the same with loose leaf Tea. I make enough to put in a gallon container and store in the fridg. I will then reheat a cup at a time as desirored in the microwave. Brewing, cleaning pot etc. one time. Fast, convienount cups of tea many times!

Roasted Coffee Beans
Saving Money on Coffee
Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesFebruary 3, 2009
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Mashed potatoes with bacon and cheese.
Twice Baked Mashed Potato Recipes
Twice Baked Potato Recipes, Twice baked potatoes.
Twice Baked Potato Recipes
cup of coffee
Making Coffee Without a Coffee Maker
🎉
🎄