Warning About Glade Plug-ins - Categories:

AdviceHome Improvement
To Top

Warning About Glade Plug-ins

Please read it could save your family.

A friend sent me this:

My brother and his wife learned a hard lesson this last week. Their house burned down...nothing left but ashes. They have good insurance, so the home will be replaced and most of the contents. That is the good news. However, they were sick when they found out the cause of the fire.

Ad


The insurance investigator sifted through the ashes for several hours. He had the cause of the fire traced to the master bathroom. He asked my sister-in-law what she had plugged in in the bathroom. She listed the normal things....curling iron, blow dryer. He kept saying to her, "No, this would be something that would disintegrate at high temperatures." Then, my sister-in-law remembered she had a Glade Plug-in in the bathroom.

The investigator had one of those "Aha" moments.

He said that was the cause of the fire. He said he has seen more home fires started with the plug in type room fresheners than anything else. He said the plastic they are made from is a THIN plastic. He said in every case there was nothing left to prove that it even existed.

When the investigator looked in the wall plug, the two! prongs left from the plug-in were still in there. My sister-in-law had one of the plug-ins that had a small night light built in it. She said she had noticed that the light would dim....and then finally go out. She would walk in a few hours later, and the light would be back on again.

The investigator said that the unit was getting too hot, and would dim and go out rather than just blow the light bulb. Once it cooled down, it would come back on. That is a warning sign.

The investigator said he personally wouldn't have any type of plug in fragrance device anywhere in his house. He has seen too many burned down homes.

Thought I would warn you all. I had several of them plugged in my house. I immediately took them all down.

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance
Anonymous Flag
December 13, 20040 found this helpful

Somebody should warn Johnson & Johnson of this potential hazard!

Ad
ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
December 13, 20040 found this helpful

It took some searching but I finally found that this is a hoax! You can read about it by visiting: http://www.glade.com/faqs.asp

You have to scroll almost all the way to the bottom of the page, but it is there.

ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Flag
July 14, 20050 found this helpful

Nobody will be warning Johnson & Johnson because this is a hoax.

ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
January 20, 20140 found this helpful

Hoax.

ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related
Categories
Home and Garden Home Improvement AdviceDecember 13, 2004
Guides
Old Vacuum Cleaner and Hose
Repairing a Torn Vacuum Cleaner Hose
Artificial Christmas Tree
Pre-lit Christmas Tree Lights Not Working
Plugin Air Freshener
Saving Money on Glade Plugins Refills
Percolator Filter
Finding Replacement Percolator Parts
More
Facebook
Pinterest
YouTube
Contests!
Newsletters
Ask a Question
Share a Post
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 5:14:51 PM on 10.0.1.204 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.
Loading Something Awesome!