Glasses With a Broken Bridge

The bridge of my glasses is broken near right lens and nothing seems to hold it together. Is the situation hopeless?

Aaron from Kalamazoo, MI

Gorilla Glue is supposed to hold everything. I know they have it online and at Walgreens. good luck!

Gorilla glue might hold long enough to get to the eye Dr. to get new glasses.

The best I could do was with dental wax! but that was just a temporary fix - you need something with body and stickiness, due to the tension of the frame holding in the glass...

Hi i had the same thing happen to me last summer. I had to take them to a eye glass place but it was only 30 dollars for them to find a frame to fit my lenses and replace it. - A lot cheaper than new glasses. It was a place called Payless Optical here in the South Bend Indiana area but you may have a cheap place like that around your area?

If the frame is plastic, you might try heating the broken edges over a pan of boiling water until they soften enough to push them together. If they don't stay together, you might try pushing a short straight pin into each edge while they're soft, and then push the edges together. The pin would hold them together. Good luck. And, of course, don't put the glasses directly over a flame.

rofl i used gorilla glue and it didnt work so i cmae online to find something else but i have the new version of it ..

I just had the same thing happen, I ordered new frames from the dr. but it will be a week before they come in. So after gorilla glue fell apart after 1 day, I tried hot glue from a hot glue gun and as long as you are careful with the lenses (I removed them while gluing to keep them clean) it seems to work well, you also can use a sharpie marker to color the hot glue to match the color of your glasses. It looks better than tape but will work

Home and Garden Repair Other Eye GlassesMay 22, 2007
Remembering Your Glasses
Remembering Your Glasses
A broken green dish in several pieces
Reusing Broken Dishes
Two Wine Glasses
Crafts Using Wine Glasses
Uses for Old Reading Glasses
Uses for Old Reading Glasses
🎉
🎄