Halloween Bowling Game

I made these bowling pins out of empty 24 oz. pop bottles. I used clear and green bottles. Any sized bottle will work. Weigh them down with some gravel so they're a little harder to knock down. I used old fish tank gravel.

Here's what you'll need to make them:

Hot glue on bottle items listed by character.

• Witch: construction paper, black Sharpie to draw on the mouth and nose
  • Mummy: white spray paint, old white sheet torn into strips, construction paper
  • Frankenstein: construction paper, bolts (for the neck) Sharpie for the face
  • Ghost: spray paint, Sharpie for the eyes and mouth
  • Cat: construction paper, pipe cleaners for the tail and whiskers, paint for the face, craft foam for the ears
  • Spider: black spray paint, construction paper, pipe cleaners
  • Dracula: black and white spray paint, Sharpie for the face, construction paper hair, black fabric for cape
  • Scarecrow: construction paper, hay, Sharpie marker to draw on face
  • Pumpkin: orange and green spray paint, construction paper, pipe cleaner
  • Ad
  • Bat: black spray paint, construction paper, craft foam for the ears and wings

Use a real pumpkin, squash, or gourd for the bowling ball. The bumps and lumps make it harder to knock down the pins.

By luv2craft from Normalville, PA

Halloween Bowling Game

Those are so cool. Thanks for sharing.

I did something similar one year for an indoor Safe Trick or Treat. I didn't get that crafty, though--those look great! I just put some candy corn in the bottom of the pop bottles (made sure they were dry first) and used a foam ball for the bowling ball. It was a great hit with the kids.

Yes, I am running wayyyyyy behind. Sorry about that. I wanted to tell you that those are just sooo cute. I will be passing this on to friends who have little ones and sometimes need indoor or at least inexpensive games. Thanks for sharing.

Adorable! I bet you could even make covers out of old socks to save space on storage from year to year. Then just collect a few bottles and cover them for the season. Voile! The covers will store flat. :)

Uses for Plastic Pop Bottles
Uses for Plastic Pop Bottles
Holidays and Parties Halloween GamesOctober 24, 2005
Bright Green Bowling Ball
Crafts Using Bowling Balls
wood and rope ring toss game
Ring Toss Game Ideas
Learning How to Bowl, Mother and Daughter at Bowling Alley
Learning How to Bowl
Zipper Plastic Bottle Container
Zipper Plastic Bottle Container