Thrifty Watering Tips
Thrifty watering is the way to go, especially during Colorado's dry summers. Here are my tips:
- Build compact gardening beds, raised or bordered, of rich soil that is enhanced with plenty of compost.
- Install a drip watering system in this area. it is an investment, but a well maintained drip system will last for years, and the area of the compact beds is smaller.
- Plant densely in the bed. Use companion plating guidelines to help with plant health.
- Water in the evening, when the sun will not evaporate the water until the next day.
- Rotate crops between beds annually to reduce disease.
Hope this helps.
By Wyncia from Boulder, CO
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 28, 2016 at 3:10:56 AM on 10.0.0.46 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us