Disney Vacation Tips

Does anyone have any good ideas or tips for planning a Disney vacation? There is so much info on the website, and I have so far been unsuccessful in ordering the vacation guide. Thanks!

Teddygirl from WV

Try this website. They have all kinds of discounts plus guides to help plan your Disney vacation.

http://www.mousesavers.com/

Hope that helps!

Wendy

Dear Teddy Girl;

We spent a couple of weeks in Disney World last Nov. and I used the phone number on the web site. The staff were tremendouse and helpful. We purchased the meal package - when you stay at a Disney hotel and they were TERRIFIC. Ask about making reservations ahead of time for meals on site etc. The phone charges were well worth the help we received. I would think that Disnyland would work the same way. Check it out.

Contact the Orlando chamber of commerce and request a visitor's package. Also go to the bookstore or the library to get vacation guides for Disney and the Orlando area.

Join TheMouseforLess group on Yahoo groups. You will save hundreds just reading the daily emails and tips.

There is so much info available it would be impossible to write it all here.But one suggestion is to visit the local AAA office.They will have a lot of info to give you.I go to Florida every year and always start with them.I pick up the Florida hand book,buy travelers checks and tickets for Disney World and other events.

Send me a request for MY itinerary and I'll e-mail to you (whimsiewear @ insightbb.com)

I compiled what items my family wanted to see and all the advice from various publications

we used this in 2004

If you are traveling with children I recommend doing Epcot first followed by AK, MGM and saving MK for last

Check out the book "The Unofficial Guide to Disney" Friends say it is very helpful. If you go to http://tinyurl.com/8lgj7 You can check it out on Amazon. You will be able to look inside the book and read some of the subjects covered, and read reviews by other buyers. Any book store will have the book.

Here's a collection of well-organized tips for Disneyland:

http://www.Disn … VacationTips.com

I used to live in Orlando so know the area very well. To save we used to always stay at Fort Wilderness and then you have access to take a boat to the other resorts and swim in those pools.

Also take advantage of the Boardwalk, a great little area and free to park. It also has a back entrance to Epcot from there and you can see the Epcot fireworks from there without having to pay to go into the park.