Pin Toddler Outfits Together

If you have children at your home whose clothes are strung and strewed all over, crying because they aren't old enough to find something to wear themselves, here's a trick I learned from raising six kids; his, mine, and ours!

When you do the laundry and it comes time to fold the clothes and separate them to put away, fold the pants or skirts lengthwise, lay the shirt or blouse face down, and fold it back around over the pants, making a "sandwich". Then, take tiny little safety pins and pin the bottom sleeve, pants legs, and top sleeve together.

The two and three year olds can't get the pins undone to try on a dozen outfits a day, you won't be getting the children's sizes confused on a busy morning and having to sort that out, and even hubby can figure out how to dress a toddler in clothes that match (don't you hate it when he meets you somewhere in public and has your little girl dressed in a frilly pink plaid skirt and her brother's camoflauge T-shirt?)

Plus, when you have a whiny "I don't want that shirt" morning ,you can say, "Well, pick one you like and bring it to me when you decide", knowing whichever one they pick, it will be a decent outfit and thereby ending a back and forth argument. Packing the diaper bag or backpack? A tenth of a second; just grab something and go!

By dollyslaffn from Darien,GA

My oldest is 54, I could have used this info a long time ago! I'll pass it on. Thanks.

I don't think I'd have a pin in the hands of a 2 year old.

Txbetty: (and everyone else concerned with the safety issue) Use the tin-iny-est pins you can find, like the little gold-colored ones. They are almost impossible for a toddler to open, because the child doesn't have the manual dexterity developed yet.