Father's Day Safe
Father's Day is just around the corner. Why not let the kids create a secret safe for Dad's valuables.
Approximate Time: Under 1 hour
- medium size wide mouth jar with lid
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- craft foam letters (D-A-D)
- nuts, bolts, screws
- empty toilet paper tube
- small scrap of cardboard
- Cut the empty cardboard tube to the same height as the jar.
- Cut a circle out of cardboard that will fit inside the jar and rest on the bottom of the jar.
- Glue the cardboard tube on one end to the middle of the cardboard circle. Set inside the jar.
- Fill all around the tube with nuts, bolts, etc., leaving the tube empty.
- Glue twine all around the lid of the jar, beginning on the bottom edge of the lid. Continue gluing and wrapping twine until the top is completely covered.
- Cut out letters from craft foam to spell DAD. Glue on top of lid. (Photo shows jar without the nuts, bolts, etc.)
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 4, 2016 at 3:20:14 PM on 10.0.2.118 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us