Salt Water for Cough When Sleeping

If you get any cough while you are sleeping, try to wash your throat with any salt water. You can make salt water that adding 1 teaspoon of salt with 1/2 a glass of water. Also salt reacts against germs. It gives immediate relief and you can continue your sleep without disturbances. This has been experienced by my family and friends.

By butterfly20 from Bahrain

1 tsp of salt in a 1/2 glass of water is way too much salt. Sodium is a poison if taken in too large a quantity. Try 1/4 tsp. in an 8 oz glass of warm water. The warm water helps the salt to dissolve. Also rinse you mouth out afterward with plain water. I have used this remedy since my kids were small and they were passing on their colds etc to me. It was their pediatrician who recommended this and the amount to use. I gargle every night before bed if I have been near my grand kids or out during the day. I used it every evening when I came home from work before I retired. It really works. The only time I get a cold is when my hubby gives me his because he doesn't like to gargle.

Young woman coughing into her hand.
Homemade Cough Remedies
Health & Beauty Home RemediesSeptember 8, 2009
A dog in a kennel at the pound.
Remedies for Kennel Cough
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
A salt dough ornament on a Christmas tree.
Making Salt Dough Ornaments
Homemade Vitamin Water
Homemade Vitamin Water Recipes