Losing Weight

I'm a teenager and I'm very active; I play a lot of sports. I'm not overweight, but I can never seem to be able lose weight if I want to. Why?

By horselover4

Best Answer

It may be because your body is happy where it is at. It sounds like you are healthy, and if you are not overweight, then just be happy at the weight you are.

Linda :o)

Best Answer

You should really talk to your doctor if you have concerns about your weight. As a teenager, your body is doing a lot of growing and changing. It is easy to develop a poor body image during this time, which can follow you around your whole life. Your doctor can discuss your diet and exercise and give you the best advice.

As for not losing weight even though you are exercising, it might be because you aren't eating ENOUGH food or the right types of foods. A lot of weight loss and fitness experts say that your body will store extra fats if you are increasing your exercise. Frustrating but true. I would make sure that you are eating enough protein, veggies and healthy fiber (whole grains), especially after you work out. And don't forget that water!

I've been on Weight Watchers for a couple of years now and have lost over 60 pounds. If your doctor feels that you could benefit by a structured weight loss plan, I highly recommend it.

Good luck and don't beat yourself up about it. Trust me, in years to come, you will probably wonder what you were complaining about. Be kind to yourself and your body.

It may be you have more muscle than fat. Talk to a coach, trainer or someone else who is a fitness freak and consult. If none of these are available talk to your doctor. It may be you need certain vitamins to harden the muscle you have or, if it really is flab, you need some kind of nutrient to help burn it off.

in addition to your activity, You have to tone your muscles with weights or resistance bands. This increases your muscle and that increases your metabolism. Don't diet. because dieting counteracts your metabolism. metabolism is the process of your body using energy (which is food or stored fat). When you eat any junk food , eat it only with your regular meals. like chips with your sandwich at lunch, or dessert after dinner. and no pop/soda. try to have milk or water only. no juice either because there's too much sugar. always eat a protein (example: meat, peanut butter/nuts, milk, yogurt) each time you eat, and eat at same time each day every three-four hours. like 8am-12n-3pm-6pm.

Don't step on the scales as they will lie to you. Muscle is heavier than fat. When I was at my heaviest of 163lbs I was lean and packing a lot of muscle for a woman.

You say you're not "overweight". I'm not sure why you would need to loose weight. However, everyone can benifit from taking a close look at what they're eating. Try to eat lots of veggies and fruits. Raw when possible. If you cook them, don't cook them to mush and be careful about adding butter or margarine. If you need a fat, try olive oil in place of butter, margarine, or crisco. Also, take a look at your bread and cereal. If the main ingredients are enriched flour, hydroginated fats, and/or hight fruictose corn syrup, you should choose a differnt product. If you do need to loose weight, making these changes will help. If you don't, these are still good habits for your general health.

See your doctor.

1.Drink more water (try having 1 glass every hour) - are you drinking enough right now? Drink water instead of sodas and artificial juices.

2.Have a glass of room temperature water with 1/2 lemon in the mornings.

3.Healthier food choices

- Have spinach daily.

- Goat or Almond milk instead of cows milk

- Olive oil (also use as salad dressing)

- High fiber peas (lentils and black bean; add pumpkin/ squash while cooking)

- Grate raw pumpkin over your meal or salad

- Fruits: reasonable slice of avocado, watermelon and paw paw/ papaya; fresh/ frozen strawberries or blueberries

- Sea-salt (avoid buying bottled seasoning powders etc containing salt)

- Avoid MSG (monosodium glutamate) in bottled seasonings & foods

- Avoid oil and sugar foods.

4. Probiotics: Have plain (raw, lacto-fermented, or unpasteurized) yogurt with live cultures - No added sugar or fruit (you can add your own fresh strawberries or blueberries). You can instead use supplements - tablets etc

5. Rule of thumb food portions using the palm of your hand

- Meat/ fish/ Chicken (grilled/ broiled is best) - 1 palm size

- Carbohydrates - 1 palm size

- Vegetables & fresh salad: Fill the rest of your plate

6. Have at least 6 small meals per day (as best as possible instead of large meals)

7. Avoid snacking by eating proper meals

Kind regards and good luck

Losing Weight
Losing Weight
Health & Beauty Weight LossJuly 18, 2011
Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
A woman standing on a scale.
Weight Loss Tips
Inexpensive Ways to Lose Weight, Scale being cinched in by a tape measure.
Inexpensive Ways to Lose Weight
Diabetic Weight Loss
Diabetic Weight Loss Tips
🎄