Organizing a Lazy Susan Cabinet

We have a large lazy susan in our corner cabinet. I have organized it and labeled it before but it is now in disarray, making it impossible to know what we have or ensure that food does not expire. So the other day I decided to tackle the mess and make it a more functional space.

1. I started by removing everything from the cabinet.

2. I put everything on our island so that I could sort through it more easily.

3. I grouped all of the like foods together.

4. I went through everything to find expired items. Then I sorted the remaining food based on their expiration dates so that the oldest items would be used first.

5. I wiped off both tiers of the lazy susan.

6. I decided to use freezer tape to make labels for each of the foods that I planned to store in the cabinet. Many of these items are staples in our house, so labeling where they go also helps with making a grocery list and putting things away.

7. I made all of my labels, then I started putting everything back into the cabinet.

8. I tried to put like items near each other, such as all of the kinds of beans, fruits, pastas, etc.

9. Once everything was back in, I labeled the edge of the lazy susan where each item was.

Now, it is easy to find things we need and I know we will waste less food!

By Laurel from Port Orchard, WA

That's cool.

Thank you for your great idea.

I also found that if you raise the lower lazy susan a bit you can store 2 longer larger items - one going to the left and the other to the right underneath that bottom lazy Susan.

Dishes in Kitchen Cabinet
Organizing Kitchen Cabinets
Organizing KitchenOctober 30, 2011
Cabinet Door
Keeping Cabinet Doors From Slamming Shut
Bungalow style kitchen cabinet with glass paned doors.
Cleaning Glass Doors on Wood Furniture
Lazy Susan
Using a Lazy Susan
Lazy Susan with Marbles Teaser
Making a Lazy Susan with Marbles
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 7:37:02 PM on 10.0.2.89 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.