Using Juice from Dill Pickles

Does anyone know of uses for dill pickle juice after the pickles are gone? I eat a lot of dill pickles and always hate to throw the juice away.

By Tim from Charleston, WV

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Sandy Gerber 30 206 12/30/2009

You can use this juice to marinate other vegetables. The juice is also good to drink if you have a headache to cure it.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By kjablue 13 12/30/2009

You can use it as a marinade for pork chops. Just put your chops in a shallow container, pour the pickle juice over them and refrigerate for at least 8 hours though I've marinated them before for about 20 hours and it was fine. When you're ready to cook them, discard the juice, salt and pepper your pork chops to taste and then either bake them in the oven as you normally would or you can grill them outdoors. I think I got this recipe from allrecipes.com some time ago. It's actually really good and especially if you like dill to begin with.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By kathleen williams 76 1,662 12/30/2009

It's also good to pour down the drain to help clean it. I mix 1 teaspoon of vinegar in a cup of water for headaches or sweet pickle juice, just drink a little at the time, good luck.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By KL 3 554 12/30/2009

We use a little bit of dill pickle juice in our homemade potato salad. I have heard about but never tried: putting peeled whole hard boiled eggs in the leftover pickle juice.

Or check here; http://www.google.com/search?hl=en& ... Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g-c1

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By melody_yesterday 228 665 12/30/2009

macaroni salad
Rinse out condiment jars & bottle with it for an interesting salad dressing or spritz it on
I like sweet pickle juice on spinach - wondering if dill juice is as good.

I've drank it too - didn't know it cured headaches. Will try to remember that ! Also good for your muscle aches (?)
Maybe you could cut cucumber slices & drop them into the jar & let them sit awhile...or baby corn -- my son loves those...

"dill pickle juice uses"
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en& ... juice+uses&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Kendy 5 130 12/30/2009

I like to cut up raw cauliflower in small pieces and put it in the juice for a few days, yum- pickled cauliflower!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Darla 1 12/30/2009

My little girls love to freeze dill pickle juice and eat them like popsicles. I have to admit they are pretty good!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Jessica 1 5 01/03/2010

Pour pickle juice over a pork roast in the crock pot, salt, garlic and pepper the meat. Cook for 6-10 hours. Makes super tender, super tasty pulled or shredded pork.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Use in tuna salad or as a replacement for vinegar in a vinaigrette salad dressing :-) I prefer dill but sweet pickle juice is okay too :-)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By carolcoen 1 121 01/15/2010

All of the suggestions are good but it's also good for a bad case of hiccups.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No