Using Juice from Dill Pickles

Does anyone know of uses for dill pickle juice after the pickles are gone? I eat a lot of dill pickles and always hate to throw the juice away.

By Tim from Charleston, WV

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

You can use this juice to marinate other vegetables. The juice is also good to drink if you have a headache to cure it.

You can use it as a marinade for pork chops. Just put your chops in a shallow container, pour the pickle juice over them and refrigerate for at least 8 hours though I've marinated them before for about 20 hours and it was fine. When you're ready to cook them, discard the juice, salt and pepper your pork chops to taste and then either bake them in the oven as you normally would or you can grill them outdoors. I think I got this recipe from allrecipes.com some time ago. It's actually really good and especially if you like dill to begin with.

It's also good to pour down the drain to help clean it. I mix 1 teaspoon of vinegar in a cup of water for headaches or sweet pickle juice, just drink a little at the time, good luck.

We use a little bit of dill pickle juice in our homemade potato salad. I have heard about but never tried: putting peeled whole hard boiled eggs in the leftover pickle juice.

Or check here; http://www.google.com/search?hl=en& ... Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g-c1

macaroni salad

Rinse out condiment jars & bottle with it for an interesting salad dressing or spritz it on

I like sweet pickle juice on spinach - wondering if dill juice is as good.

I've drank it too - didn't know it cured headaches. Will try to remember that ! Also good for your muscle aches (?)

Maybe you could cut cucumber slices & drop them into the jar & let them sit awhile...or baby corn -- my son loves those...

"dill pickle juice uses"

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en& ... juice+uses&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

I like to cut up raw cauliflower in small pieces and put it in the juice for a few days, yum- pickled cauliflower!

My little girls love to freeze dill pickle juice and eat them like popsicles. I have to admit they are pretty good!

Pour pickle juice over a pork roast in the crock pot, salt, garlic and pepper the meat. Cook for 6-10 hours. Makes super tender, super tasty pulled or shredded pork.

Use in tuna salad or as a replacement for vinegar in a vinaigrette salad dressing :-) I prefer dill but sweet pickle juice is okay too :-)

All of the suggestions are good but it's also good for a bad case of hiccups.

Answer

Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceDecember 30, 2009
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
finished juice bag gift bag
Juice Pouch Crafts
Frozen Juice Containers on White Background
Reusing Frozen Juice Containers
Sunshine Dill Pickles
Making Sunshine Dill Pickles
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2016 at 5:03:00 PM on 10.0.1.78 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.