Make Your Own Frozen Foods

I use my stock pot to make huge pots of soup, or chili, or spaghetti sauce to use for one dinner and freeze the rest in meal-size portions and use one a night when there is not time to cook and you still need a hearty meal.

I also make several meals worth of meatballs, either for spaghetti, swedish meatballs or mealball subs. Freeze in meal-size portions and then pull out a quick pack before going to work. By the time you get home, they will be thawed and ready to go.

Meatloaf is also a favorite. I make several at one time and again, freeze them. Sometimes, I will slice it and put lunch-size portions into the freezer. A real quick lunch, You can make your sandwich, complete with your condiment (mayo, mustard, bbq sauce) and by lunch time, the slice will have thawed.

And I figured out if one of the major frozen food companies can freeze mac and cheese, so can I. I just double wrap in foil, and then in a plastic freezer bag (which is reusable). I also freeze lazagna, stuffed shells and the recipe for the meat that I use for stuffed peppers. On a night that I have left-over rice, I pull out a portion of the meat that I froze. I try not to freeze rice, it's a texture thing for me. The next night, I only have to blanch the peppers, mix the meat and rice, stuff and put into the oven for a half hour or so.

Whatever I cook, whether a roast of beef or a whole chicken, some of it usually ends up ground up and in the freezer for either hash or sandwich filling. For hash, a quick recipe is to use frozen hash brown potatoes mixed with the ground meat and whatever spices you like (I like to add a touch of cumin with my pepper and a touch of salt).

Just a touch of oil in a skillet, add those ingredients and whatever else might be in your fridge (peppers, onions, peas, left over veggies, whatever)

For sandwich filling, a little mayo, a little mustard, some pepper, maybe a little pickle relish, and viola, a great filling for even a simple hotdog roll.

That's enough for me. Take care all!

Crochet2

Great tips to know.

Great Tips to know.

Food and Recipes Freezing Freezer MealsJuly 24, 2004
Freezing Potatoes, Potatoes on white background
Freezing Potatoes
Frozen Juice Containers on White Background
Reusing Frozen Juice Containers
Meatballs cooking in sauce.
Using Frozen Meatballs
Tw Red Tomatoes sitting in Ice
Using Frozen Tomatoes
🎉
🎄