Use Egg Whites Instead of Egg Substitute

In most recipes calling for egg substitute, you can use 2 egg whites in place of 1 egg substitute. Just break the eggs open and toss the yolks away. I know that sounds wasteful, but consider the price of egg substitute. The package of egg substitute usually has the equivalent of four eggs in it. When you compare that price with the price of a dozen of eggs, from which you'd get the equivalent of 6 egg substitutes, it makes sense.

Keeping healthy through healthy eating saves money on doctor visits and medication. Its a win win situation.

Source: "Cooking with a Man in Mind" by JoAnna M. Lund.

By Carol from Wyoming, PA

Don't toss out the yolks use them as plant food. Just stir them into the water.

It not only sounds wasteful, it is. If nothing else, give the yolks to your dog, if you have one. Egg yolks are said to help make their coats shiny.

Apparently, you've never been very hungry. I once went ten days without food. It caused me to have more appreciation for food. I don't throw any food away unless I feel it would be unhealthy for me to eat it.

Too bad you don't live close enough to toss those yolks to one of the many people starving to death each day.

Liquid eggs in a bowl
Using an Egg Substitute
Food and Recipes Food Tips EggsMarch 27, 2008
buttermilk substitute in a bowl
Substitute for Buttermilk in Recipes
Beating Egg Whites
Tips for Beating Egg Whites
Using Bluing
Separating Egg Yolk From Whites
Separating Egg Whites