Restore Paint Brushes With Vinegar

When you have allowed your paint brushes to harden with paint on them, you can easily soften them by placing them in hot vinegar until paint loosens and the wash them in hot soapy water.

By Sandy A. from Graettinger, IA

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

A GREAT BIG THANK YOU!!!!!! FOR THIS TIP. BEEN DOING ALOT OF QUICKIE REMOD TO MY HOME AND YOU GUESSED IT PAINTING. THOUGHT FOR SURE I'D RUINED A COUPLE EXPENSIVE BRUSHES.

thank you so much for this tip...i just threw out a couple brushes because the paint hardened on them and couldn't get it out...i'm surely going to pass this on to all my contacts...

Suggest you obtain the patented "Multipurpose Paint Roller " it paints and cleans brushes with the minimum of water and paint cleaning spirits.You will not have to keep buying new brushes that have harden with old paint. So keep the vinegar for the "French Fries". Harden brushes never do a good decorating task as you will find that the brushes lose the odd hairs into the paintwork.Good Luck!

You don't say if this is for oil based paint or latex. I am guessing it is probably oil based paint though.

I keep my brushes in the freezer if I am not through using them, and will need them the next day. I just put them in clingwrap and take them out of the freezer about half an hour before I need them. This is for Latex or water based paint. I rarely use oil based any more.

Comment

Paint laden art brushes in a jar.
Cleaning Artist Brushes
Crafts PaintingJanuary 13, 2009
Two hair brushes and a comb.
Cleaning and Disinfecting Brushes and Combs
Paint laden art brushes in a jar.
Organizing Paint Brushes
Cleaning Paint Brushes, A paint brush being rinsed off in a sink.
Cleaning Paint Brushes
Vinegar Bottle
Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 15, 2016 at 7:12:18 AM on 10.0.1.144 in 344 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.