Keep Knitting From Curling

If you are tired of the edges of your knitting curling instead of lying flat, just make it a habit to slip the first stitch in each row without knitting or purling. The edges will not curl, and those stitches will be worked up on alternating rows where they become the LAST stitch.

By Harlean from Hot Springs, AR

Wow, I just picked up a 'free' pattern for a scarf and this was in the directions. I haven't done the scarf yet, but now I know why they say to slip the first stitch. I'm sure this will come in handy in other projects over time. Thanks for telling me the reason for it.

Crafts KnittingJanuary 16, 2008
Curling Iron Holder Crafts
Curling Iron Holder Ideas
Someone curling hair with a pink and black curling iron.
Cleaning a Curling Iron
Hair Curling Tips
Hair Curling Tips
machine knitting a hat
Buying and Using a Knitting Machine