Solution for Extremely Oily Hair

I have extremely oily hair with dandruff and it is falling out. What can I do?

By Suhani from Punjab

Try using Pure Emu Oil. Be sure that it is 100% pure and from Australia as its potency depends upon how it is made. You can massage it into your hair and scalp before bed and wash out in the morning. Good luck to you.

Diet, age, genetics and hot/humid weather have a lot to do with oily hair and dandruff (and oily skin in general). I also want you to know that every single human being looses up to one hundred hairs every day and that is completely normal!

When you wash your hair don't scrub your scalp hard but rather just hard enough to get the scalp and hair clean. Scrubbing the scalp vigorously stimulates the oil glands. Try to avoid foods with saturated fats and sugar as much as possible too. :-)

Chemicals can cause all kinds of problems. You might try using a J R Liggett's shampoo bar. I just discovered these, although they have been around for centuries. These contain no chemicals at all. They do contain lye which simply bonds all soaps, and you can make your own just like body soap if you choose to do so. I wanted to try them before I wanted to make some, so my health food store ordered some in. Saved on S&H from buying from the site.

They have all kinds of them, and while you might not like the way your hair feels, (I didn't) after washing, it will dry beautifully. This is because it does not strip the oils from your hair (result will be no dandruff!). I think you are dealing with a chemical problem which is why I am making this suggestion. There are other chemically made shampoo bars which will simply cause the same problem you are having. Do check them out, and good luck to you!

Remedies for Oily Hair
Remedies for Greasy or Oily Hair
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips Oily HairOctober 27, 2010
A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
Closeup of Facial Pores and Oily Skin
Remedies for Oily Skin
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink