Product Review: Behr Exterior Paint

I added color to my wood privacy fence by using the Behr exterior paint. I love color and natural earth tone colors. When it comes to a wood fence, it fades over time and has a grayish color that is boring. So, I painted it. I used the Behr product from Home Depot and chose California Rustic Red.

I experimented with Thompson's for the smaller front portion of the privacy fence. It faded quickly. I liked the Behr product because the color has lasted for several years; at least 8-10 years. It is time to repaint, but what a way to add color to your fence. Even my neighbors was amazed and impressed. It's a beautiful idea and the color I chose goes so well when the grass and plants are in bloom. Even in the wintertime, it added cheer to the back yard.

I brushed each board and did it the old fashioned way with a hand brush. I considered using a sprayer. However, if there is a breeze, I didn't want to take a chance of it spreading to my neighbor's side. Plus, it is a great way to exercise the arms. I would wake up early, work on it for about 2 hours before having to go to work. It depends on the size of your yard. I preferred morning hours since it can get pretty hot in the spring and summer in Florida.

In addition, I put good plant hangers on the 4x4's and it just beautifies the yard and fence even more. I highly recommend this. I have received so many compliments by doing this to my wood privacy fence. So pick your color. You will definitely enjoy it. I'll find some pictures to post.

By majorattitude from Pensacola, FL

Consumer Advice Product Reviews House and HomeApril 29, 2010
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Red Exterior Door
Paint Color Ideas for Exterior Door
bottle of super glue
Removing Super Glue from a Car's Exterior