Reselling Glass Bowls Leftover From Wedding

My daughter just got married, and for the reception (250+) we used short glass bowls (8 - 12" wide) with green stones and floating flowers and candles for decorations. Guess where the glass bowls are? IN MY LIVING ROOM. Any ideas on how to resell these glass bowls, and the green stones? Thanks for any and all ideas, Kim the MOB (Mother of the Bride).

Kim from Crawford, CO

I would see if there is a craigslist local in your area, and post them there - with photos of course. that way there are no shipping charges, and no listing fees.

the other thing to do is contact a local florist or wedding planner and let them know what you have, in case they have a client who needs them.

good luck

The other poster had some great suggestions. My only other thought would be to possibly donate them to a church (be sure to get a receipt for tax purposes)

I am interested in 30 of those glass bowls! My fiance and I are getting married October 27 and are looking for the right bowls for our floating flower centerpieces. We are having an autumn-themed wedding, so we won't need the green stones, but we are happy to negotiate prices on the bowls! I have been looking at between $0.85 and $1.25 per bowl. If this sounds good we'll find a way to contact each other and work it out! Thanks and good luck!

In answer to the W. Virginia bride, if you can find bowls for those prices, grab'em! We paid $2-4 for each bowl, so it wouldn't be worth it for me to send them to you. Happy Wedding! Kim the MOB

At my family's annual yard sale, I sold a lot of similar stuff. I had 10 large glass vases - somebody bought all of them! Ditto for tealight candle holders, ribbons, table cloths and more. I never counted up how much of the cost I recovered by reselling them this way. Probably not much but at least they were out of my hair!

I know you posted this a while ago, but I was wondering if you still had any of these, bowls or stones. Just let me know. Thanks. Amanda

You've probably already sold them but you can try two places that resell wedding items online:

Bride to Bride Boutique http://www.bridetobrideboutique.com/

or

Recycle Your Wedding

http://www.recycleyourwedding.com/

I am using milk glass and aluminum juice cups for my centerpieces in June 2009 and will want to sell them afterwards: http://cuteshinythings.blogspot.com ... d-milk-glass-is-new-leather-and.html

I'd also like to know other selling sites as I have lots leftover from my wedding to sell (www.wedding.mybisi.com)

Budget & Finance Making Money Selling on EbayAugust 7, 2007
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Wood Salad Bowl
Caring For Wood Salad Bowls
🎉
🎄