KitchenHome Improvement

Hanging Coffee Cups on Wall

I have a small kitchen and not enough cupboards space. I was thinking of hanging my coffee cups but they would have to be on the outside of the cupboards. Is there anyway I can hang them on the wall? Any suggestions would be great.

Donita from Colorado

I put cup hooks on the underside of my cupboards close to the coffee maker since we drink coffee all day. I like the way it looks and it's also quite convenient. This will depend upon the thickness of the wood in the bottom of your shelves. I have had them on the wall too. I have an odd assortment of garage sale and thrift store mugs and it looks cottagy with them hanging outside the cupboard.

I did this years ago and LOVED the look. What I hung was one of those coat hangers that have knobs, and open and close. The coat hanger was made out of wood and had several knobs for coats, hats. It opens and closes and when open the openings are diamond shaped. You can adjust the width or height depending upon how much you open it. So it is easy to fit, great way to display your mugs, makes it easy to get them and saves space.

You might try hanging an inexpensive adjustable wooden peg rack; the one I'm thinking of is all one piece, made of many x's that can be adjusted by pushing the ends together. An old friend of mine collected coffee mugs on her travels and had an entire wall covered with those giant x peg racks and her collection of cups.

Hi! You can buy Mug Pegs. They are wooden pegs about 4" long that are made just for that purpose. You should be able to find them at a craft store. I own a craft store and carry them.. they are usually unfinished and can be painted or stained or even just left natural! hope this helps! Cindy beadlady Cindy's Crafts

When I was first married, (long time ago), I bought an expandable wooden hat rack. I not sure they still make them, but it was really handy for hanging things in our tiny apartment kitchen, including coffee mugs. You could check Walmart or Target stores.

I like the outdoorsy theme going on in my house so I am wondering if you could find a sturdy enough branch & cut "pegs" by trimming the smaller thumb sized branches to use to hang the mugs.It could be secured either way,horizontally or vertically depending on the amount of space you have.It would be easy enough to spraypaint your choice of colors & could be made whatever length to accomodate any number of items besides mugs that you want to display or need to manage.

Try mounting an accordian style hat rack on the side of a cabinet