Hanging Coffee Cups on Wall

By Donita 9 45

I have a small kitchen and not enough cupboards space. I was thinking of hanging my coffee cups but they would have to be on the outside of the cupboards. Is there anyway I can hang them on the wall? Any suggestions would be great.

Donita from Colorado

Showing: Answers Sort

By Marty Dick 167 967 Flag

I put cup hooks on the underside of my cupboards close to the coffee maker since we drink coffee all day. I like the way it looks and it's also quite convenient. This will depend upon the thickness of the wood in the bottom of your shelves. I have had them on the wall too. I have an odd assortment of garage sale and thrift store mugs and it looks cottagy with them hanging outside the cupboard.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I did this years ago and LOVED the look. What I hung was one of those coat hangers that have knobs, and open and close. The coat hanger was made out of wood and had several knobs for coats, hats. It opens and closes and when open the openings are diamond shaped. You can adjust the width or height depending upon how much you open it. So it is easy to fit, great way to display your mugs, makes it easy to get them and saves space.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

You might try hanging an inexpensive adjustable wooden peg rack; the one I'm thinking of is all one piece, made of many x's that can be adjusted by pushing the ends together. An old friend of mine collected coffee mugs on her travels and had an entire wall covered with those giant x peg racks and her collection of cups.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Cindy 1 31 Flag

Hi! You can buy Mug Pegs. They are wooden pegs about 4" long that are made just for that purpose. You should be able to find them at a craft store. I own a craft store and carry them.. they are usually unfinished and can be painted or stained or even just left natural! hope this helps! Cindy beadlady Cindy's Crafts

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

When I was first married, (long time ago), I bought an expandable wooden hat rack. I not sure they still make them, but it was really handy for hanging things in our tiny apartment kitchen, including coffee mugs. You could check Walmart or Target stores.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By melody_yesterday 228 664 Flag

I like the outdoorsy theme going on in my house so I am wondering if you could find a sturdy enough branch & cut "pegs" by trimming the smaller thumb sized branches to use to hang the mugs.It could be secured either way,horizontally or vertically depending on the amount of space you have.It would be easy enough to spraypaint your choice of colors & could be made whatever length to accomodate any number of items besides mugs that you want to display or need to manage.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By melody_yesterday 228 664 Flag

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Try mounting an accordian style hat rack on the side of a cabinet

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Home Improvement KitchenOctober 28, 2007
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Heart Shaped Wall Hanging Craft
Wall Hanging Craft Ideas
Family Tree
Making a Family Tree Wall Hanging
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:16:28 PM on 10.0.1.8 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings