Rewind Yarn So it Pulls From Center

It's always easiest to use yarn which pulls from the center. If you have some that does not pull from the center of the skein, here's a simple solution. Holding the end of the yarn in the heel of your hand, wrap the yarn around your thumb 12 or 15 times. Continue wrapping the yarn as your would make a ball, moving and turning your hand so the yarn will be evenly spread out. Ball the entire skein (half skein if it's a large one) and then remove your thumb. The yarn will pull from the center of the ball with no problem.

Source: This came from some website, but I don't remember which one. The yarn I was using at the time pulled from the center. When I got a skein which flip flopped because it was unwinding from the outside, I remembered the tip and tried it. It really works great.

By Clynn from Inglis, FL

Colorful Tangled Yarn
Keeping Yarn From Tangling
Crafts MiscellaneousMay 18, 2010
Playcare Center
Name Ideas for a Playcare Center
knitting needles
Using Eyelash Yarn
Close-up of Dresser Drawers and Pulls
Repairing Dresser Drawers and Pulls
Trellis Yarn Necklace
Making Trellis Yarn Jewelry
🎉
🎄