Fancy Sunnyside Up Eggs and Toast

Dressed to impress and very easy (Writing the instructions is the most complicated part - LOL).

• Eggs
  • Bread Slices
  • Ad
  • Butter, room temperature
  • Jam or Jelly, if desired

Note: You will need one metal cookie cutter per slice of bread. I use recycled tuna cans, labels removed, with both ends removed since I only have one cookie cutter.

Very lightly butter both sides of bread and edge of cookie cutters that will be doing the cutting. Insert a cookie cutter in to each slice of bread and gently remove center.

Place bread slices and cut outs on medium heat in a large skillet. (A flat surface griddle is much easier to use especially if making a lot of these at one time as long as you have a cover for the griddle.) Toast until lightly browned and then flip.

Place cookie cutters back into each bread slice and crack an egg in to each cookie cutter.

Cover skillet/griddle and cook two to three minutes. I always check at two minutes so the eggs won’t be overly done. Remove from heat and use tongues to remove cookie cutters. Use large spatula to transfer to plates.

Serve with the cut outs for egg dunking and jam or jelly if desired.

Don't forget some fruit and/or bacon on the side. ;-)

I used to make these but instead of using a cookie cutter, I would cut the circle out of the bread using a drinking glass. In the frying pan, I would just break the egg into the circle and it would stay put. If you want to use a cookie cutter you could cut the hole in the shape of a star or whatever. Great for kids!

Thanks, Deeli. I'm putting this on the list for our weekly Breakfast for Dinner night.

Tracey in Jacksonville FL

Food and Recipes Recipes BreakfastMarch 31, 2009
Shredded Wheat & Eggs Recipes
Shredded Wheat & Eggs Recipes
Scrambled eggs are too watery.
Watery Scrambled Eggs
Cooking eggs for a large group.
Cooking Scrambled Eggs for a Large Group
Pouring a Glass of Champagne
Serving Champagne for a Wedding Toast