Removing Wood Stain from Vinyl Flooring

I recently got new molding in my kitchen. However, peeking out from this molding is a darker wood stain. I stained the previous molding and this new molding does not cover the stain that seeped onto the vinyl floor. I have tried Comet and Ajax but do not want to ruin my new molding. Any ideas to remove old wood stain from a vinyl floor?

By Fiona from Bridgewater, NJ

I had the same problem. Nothing removed the stain because it had become integrated into the vinyl. I put a strip of quarter round over it (stain the quarter round before installing!) It looks like it was made to be that way.

Yes, try the Magic Eraser sponge. It is unbelievable! If this doesn't work, then get an artist's paintbrush and matching paint and just repaint the area carefully, or use a utility knife to cut a new piece of vinyl and glue it over the stained area, or matching contact paper. Many people have had success with stains using a solvent, such as nail polish remover. I hope the Magic Eraser, or one of the many off-brand knockoffs, will do the trick.