Removing Wood Stain from Vinyl Flooring

I recently got new molding in my kitchen. However, peeking out from this molding is a darker wood stain. I stained the previous molding and this new molding does not cover the stain that seeped onto the vinyl floor. I have tried Comet and Ajax but do not want to ruin my new molding. Any ideas to remove old wood stain from a vinyl floor?

By Fiona from Bridgewater, NJ

I had the same problem. Nothing removed the stain because it had become integrated into the vinyl. I put a strip of quarter round over it (stain the quarter round before installing!) It looks like it was made to be that way.

Yes, try the Magic Eraser sponge. It is unbelievable! If this doesn't work, then get an artist's paintbrush and matching paint and just repaint the area carefully, or use a utility knife to cut a new piece of vinyl and glue it over the stained area, or matching contact paper. Many people have had success with stains using a solvent, such as nail polish remover. I hope the Magic Eraser, or one of the many off-brand knockoffs, will do the trick.

Bathroom with vinyl flooring.
Removing Stains on Vinyl and Linoleum Flooring
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsJanuary 5, 2011
Hand wearing pink glove scrubbing white vinyl floor with blue sponge.  Black bucket with green cloth in the background
Cleaning Mold on Vinyl Flooring
Photo of spring cleaning supplies.
Cleaning Tar Off Vinyl
Nail polish spilled on the floor.
Cleaning Nail Polish Stains on Linoleum
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
🎉
🎄