Recycled Purse Decoration

I took a $.50 purse, some flowers, and embellishments and made an "old time" decoration for my bathroom. When I put it all together, I thought you might enjoy making something similar.

Approximate Time: 1.5 hours or less

• old purse: It needs to be the kind that stands on it's own and has the decoration or pattern in the front.
  • silk flowers of your choice
  • old gloves, jewelry, doilies, hankies, or anything old that you would or could find in a ladies purse
  • hot glue gun
  • scissors

Instructions:

With the purse open, arrange the things you want to put in it before you glue.

I used all black and white as my bathroom is red, black, and white. I wasn't able to fish out red stuff, as I am moving, so I went with what I had, all white.

You can bend the flowers to cover the front of the purse, too. I strung the beads as I had them, but no jewelry. This is literally what I could find around the house.

When all is done, simply hot glue the items in, then put the flowers where they will fit. You don't even have to glue them if you wanted to change them by season. I got these roses at the Dollar Tree, but miniature roses or real dried roses would be lovely, too. Have fun! PS: I am enclosing two shots. One is inside and makes every thing look like it's cream colored, but the details are a bit better. The other is outside and is very, very white!

By Sandi from Coos Bay OR

I remember making this in 2010. Thanks for the 4 thumbs up and the thumbs down? I can see doing it for something you don't agree with or that you might think dangerous or whatever... but a decorated purse. Wow.

I'm sorry that happened to you Sandi. Maybe someone was having a very bad day? I don't do thumbs down unless something dangerous is suggested. Don't let it get you down - hope the rest of your week is better!

Crafts Home Decor DecorationsSeptember 1, 2010
Placemat Purse
Making a Placemat Purse
Plarn coin purse.
Plarn Coin Purse
Two baby cradle church purses with Kewpie dolls inside.
Crocheted Baby Cradle Purse
Purse decorated with CDs.
Making a CD Purse
🎉
🎄