Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Recipes Using Shredded Wheat Crumbs

I have finally found a use for the "stuff" at the bottom of shredded wheat boxes. It is a great topping for quick breads, like banana, zucchini, etc. It adds a bit of sweetness and a CRUNCH. Just sprinkle on the batter before baking. It also good sprinkled on oatmeal.

By Cyndi D. from Frankford Twp. NJ

Here are the recent answer to this question.

05/18/2009

I just include the crumbs in the final bowl of cereal.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Recipes Using Shredded Wheat Crumbs

Does anyone know of a recipe that calls for the "leftovers" from a box of shredded wheat cereal? I hate throwing those crumbs away!

Cindy

RE: Recipes Using Shredded Wheat Crumbs

If they are not the sweetened cereal crumbs, then use them in your meat loaf. If they are from the sweetened cereal, use them in your oatmeal. (01/07/2009)

By Ms April

RE: Recipes Using Shredded Wheat Crumbs

I always add them to my breadmaker recipes, if its just a few tablespoons add it, if its a large amount measure is as part of the flour. My bread is different every time! (01/13/2009)

By TerryRawlinson

RE: Recipes Using Shredded Wheat Crumbs

I add them to my Chocolate Chip or Oatmeal cookie batter. Each time they are a little different. (01/14/2009)

By MaryCrane

RE: Recipes Using Shredded Wheat Crumbs

Hi, Sprinkle them on top your yogurt for extra fiber in your diet. Loretta (01/14/2009)

By Loretta B.

RE: Recipes Using Shredded Wheat Crumbs

I like to use the Shredded Wheat crumbs as if it was regular bread crumbs. Any recipe that calls for bread crumbs use the Shredded Wheat.Add the needed spices and go for it. Chicken, pork and even fish like Flounder or Talapia are good. The Shredded Wheat adds a little crunch (01/14/2009)

By Robin

RE: Recipes Using Shredded Wheat Crumbs

I just put them into the last bowl of cereal and eat them, end of problem. (01/15/2009)

By kimhis

RE: Recipes Using Shredded Wheat Crumbs

Mix with butter or oil and cinnamon and use as a topping when you bake sweet items. (01/16/2009)

By cookwie