Recipes Using Shredded Wheat Crumbs

I have finally found a use for the "stuff" at the bottom of shredded wheat boxes. It is a great topping for quick breads, like banana, zucchini, etc. It adds a bit of sweetness and a CRUNCH. Just sprinkle on the batter before baking. It also good sprinkled on oatmeal.

By Cyndi D. from Frankford Twp. NJ

Answers

I just include the crumbs in the final bowl of cereal.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

May 11, 2009 Flag

Does anyone know of a recipe that calls for the "leftovers" from a box of shredded wheat cereal? I hate throwing those crumbs away!

Cindy

Answers:

Recipes Using Shredded Wheat Crumbs

If they are not the sweetened cereal crumbs, then use them in your meat loaf. If they are from the sweetened cereal, use them in your oatmeal. (01/07/2009)

By Ms April

Recipes Using Shredded Wheat Crumbs

I always add them to my breadmaker recipes, if its just a few tablespoons add it, if its a large amount measure is as part of the flour. My bread is different every time! (01/13/2009)

By TerryRawlinson

Recipes Using Shredded Wheat Crumbs

I add them to my Chocolate Chip or Oatmeal cookie batter. Each time they are a little different. (01/14/2009)

By MaryCrane

Recipes Using Shredded Wheat Crumbs

Hi, Sprinkle them on top your yogurt for extra fiber in your diet. Loretta (01/14/2009)

By Loretta B.

Recipes Using Shredded Wheat Crumbs

I like to use the Shredded Wheat crumbs as if it was regular bread crumbs. Any recipe that calls for bread crumbs use the Shredded Wheat.Add the needed spices and go for it. Chicken, pork and even fish like Flounder or Talapia are good. The Shredded Wheat adds a little crunch (01/14/2009)

By Robin

Recipes Using Shredded Wheat Crumbs

I just put them into the last bowl of cereal and eat them, end of problem. (01/15/2009)

By kimhis

Recipes Using Shredded Wheat Crumbs

Mix with butter or oil and cinnamon and use as a topping when you bake sweet items. (01/16/2009)

By cookwie

Food and Recipes Recipes AdviceMay 11, 2009
Cracker Crumbs on Wooden Cutting Board
Using Cracker Crumbs
A bowl of potato chips.
Recipes Using Potato Chips
A sundae made with a brownie and ice cream.
Uses for Brownies (and Brownie Crumbs)
Homemade Bread Crumbs
Homemade Bread Crumbs
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 3:16:31 PM on 10.0.2.76 in 923 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.