Repairing Holes in Aluminum

I'm looking for ways on how to repair a hole in my aluminum storm door.

Judy from Traverse

What about getting some aluminum flashing (sold in lowes in different widths by the foot) and maybe silicone sealer it to the door. You could even do a punch tin design on it to make it look pretty. It comes in silver and maybe copper color. I guess you could spray paint it to match too.

Mend with needle and thread like Grandma used to do when fixing socks. Choose the color closest to your screen color and go.

Oops -- I thought you were talking about a screen door.

You could buy a small sheet of aluminum at the big box store cut to fit the panel and glue it with an adhesive such as liquid nails. Silicone is an sealer not an adhesive so it would fail in short order. If you are not particular how the repair looks you could buy a couple of bolts the size of the hole insert into the hole and with washers and nuts screw them together.

Thank you for giving me some ways to fix the door. I appreciate the feedback. Thanks

I see the bottom and I think it is a storm door, right? The kind with the closable plastic glass that slides up over the screen when the wind hits it?

All the above tips are good.

Anyway, if you still buy your coffee (or use any #10 can) in large cans, you can use a crimper to safety seal the edges of the top and bottom round pieces. Seal with liquid nails or an epoxy like E6000 glue. I would take the door off, lay it on a flat surface and do the repairs so you can weigh down the repair for a day or two. Then, seal around the repair with sealent to keep the water out. If you do the same repair on both the outside and inside, you can literally "sandwich" the holes and drill several small holes between the circles (useing a veggie can size for the little one), and put in small rivots or nuts/bolts. Make sure the bolt is on the outside and seal around them, too. This not only keeps the water out, but keeps you from getting scratched on the end of the bolt that is on the inside.

You might also be able to replace that piece in it's entirety if you find a second hand building supply store or one at a yard sale. You can then paint whatever repair you made to match the door.

Home and Garden Repair Home DoorsAugust 8, 2008
pan lined with foil
Lining a Pan With Aluminum Foil
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Row of holiday trailers in a park.
Cleaning Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Clothing, Removing Tar from Upholstery, Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
🎄
🍂