White Bra Dyed by Dark Clothing

I have a new white bra that is now half blue from wearing it with a new (non-washed) black blouse. I have washed it in Woollite, soaked it in Oxyclean and nothing has worked. Help!

Melinda from Edmond, OK

RIT makes a dye removal product that is supposed to work well. You should be able to get it at any craft store and probably even a larger supermarket or box store. I've never tried it but it might be worth a try.

Jess

This site has tons of tips on stain removal and a chart for all sorts of stains.

http://www.realsimple.com/realsimpl ... ery/0,21863,1541307,00.html?cid=fsr1

I did this awhile back, with a pink t shirt, everything came out pink. I got some sachets from the supermarket. I put all the white underwear in a bucket and added the powder and left it for a few hours then washed it all again in the washer and it came out all white again. I cannot remember the name of the product, but I'm in the UK but check the washing products in your supermarket.

melinda, try soaking the bra in boiling water with detergent and see if it would work. i've tried doing this on some white t-shirts which got dyed by the colored clothes, too, and it worked. hope it works for you ,too, thelma

Editor's Note: Because bras are quite often made from synthetic materials and also have elastic, boiling water might be too hot for them.

what size is the bra. if it is big then you can bleach it and nothing will happen. if it is small and thin then go to a dollarstore and there are some power cleaners and that works great (i had same problem)

I can across a product I now use in various cleaning and stain jobs and it is a natural deodorizer as well. It is Borax and can be found in your supermarket. Green box and called 20 Mule Team Borax - I would soak in that for several hours and then wash as usual. This product is great on grease stains, food stains, etc. I add a 1/4 to my wash water before adding my detergent. It is a water softner as well.

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryApril 19, 2007
Making Bra Straps Shorter
Making Bra Straps Shorter
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
dark jeans
Fading Dark Jeans
🎉
🎄