Bamboo Jumping Game - Categories:

GamesEntertainment

Bamboo Jumping Game

What is the old fashioned game (from 1970-73) called that you use two 5-7 foot bamboo sticks and jump in and out. 2 people hold the sticks close to the ground and clap them together in a rhythm. Similar to chinese jump rope I think.

Cindy from Lake Wales, FL

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

You're probably thinking of "tininkling" a dance from the Phillipines. (I remember it from P.E. grade school). Google "tininkling" and there are lots of links. Have fun.

Cindy, you must have been in the same girl scout camp as I. I remember playing this as a girl. I was just looking this up to show my daughter, but your post was all I could find. Did you ever get any more information about the game?

Here's a link about it: http://www.likha.org/galleries/tinikling.asp

It was Hawaiian jump rope - with 2 long bamboo poles. A girl on each end clicked the poles apart on the ground twice, then slide them together. The 3rd girl puts her foot in and out and then jumps in and out. We did it around 1967... at my friends house. Much cooler than Chinese jumprope!

We played this game in 1965 in Balboa, a city in the Canal Zone in Panama. We simply called it sticks. It required 2 6-7 feet bamboo poles. A girl would hold the poles at each end. Then they would move them rhythmically, tapping the ground twice and then bringing them together in the center. Another child would jump between the sticks. It reminded me of "Chinese jump rope," another game girls played in the '60's.

Entertainment GamesOctober 6, 2006
spatula, spoon, and fork
Using Bamboo Cooking Utensils
Upclose picture of bamboo flooring.
Cleaning Bamboo Flooring
Bamboo
Selling Bamboo
Growing Lucky Bamboo
Growing "Lucky Bamboo"
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 4:22:53 AM on 10.0.0.107 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.