In Praise of Vinegar

Vinegar! White or apple cider are both wonderful cleaning products. If you have a smoke smell (like I recently did when my son started a fire on my range), I got out the white vinegar and scrubbed the bad odor and the smoke away. If you have a smoker in the house, it is also useful. Add it to your laundry detergent for curtains that sparkle. Wipe down walls and windows with it. It's antibacterial so you can use it in your medical appliances if you have any. It will change the ph for incontinent adults who are ill. Just mix about four parts water to one part vinegar and spray it on.

It will kill garbage odors and pet urine odor. Spritz it on straight.

The uses are nearly endless. If you have a baby, put it in the last rinse of baby clothes to remove all the left over soap. Wonderful stuff!

By Laurel from Rathdrum, ID

My doctor even recommended a vinegar and water solution for my swimmer's ear infection!

vinegar can be used for so many things it's unbelievable!! I have a little book I bought at the grocery store, "108 ways to use vinegar". I use it in many things and on many things. One of the things I do is pour white vinegar in the rinse resevoir (misspelled) of my dishwasher and my dishes come out really shiney and the glasses are sparkling.

I run a short cycle of vinegar in my dishwasher and washing machine to give them a good cleaning and make them smell good. The vinegar also dislodges any 'crud' build-up. The very best thing I have found so far is making a frying pan a non-stick pan. I paid $25.00 for a nice, heavy frying pan that is actually coated with a non-stick material but the food always sticks. I boiled two cups of white vinegar in the pan for ten minutes and now I can cook anything and nothing sticks! Apparently this will work with any type of pan. Vinegar is inexpensive and non-caustic. I love it!!!

anyone know where this little book can be bought in illinois?

The vinegar that should be used for cleaning is white distilled. Any vinegar with additives is not as effective and the additives can cause other problems.

fill a spray bottle and spriz it into a stinky car.....to get rid of that musty winter odor......or into a garbage can.....or on a pet area....or those stinky sox before they go into the washer....tenny runners...or diaper pail....around that toilet your little guy never seems to hit....it is antibacterial too.....

Hello to imaqt1962 (Im sure you are...LOL)

Dont need a book...just go to frugalliving.guide@about.com & subscribe to their newsletter (free of course) they have pages & pages of uses for both vinegar & also baking soda.

Hope Ive put correct address - if any problem type

"Frugal" into your search engine (Google for Frugal -

will bring site up)

thanks katrina

i stopped smoking 7 days ago and let me tell ya'all that a little vinegar in a cup in your vehichle will get the cigarette smell out

Another good use for dieters is taking 2 tbsp (mixed in a drink or straight) before lunch and dinner it helps inhibit fat absorption. Also can whiten teeth use full strength on toothbrush but be sure to rinse thouroughly because it can erode your enamel if left on.

it is also good for people who have acid reflux drink half a tea cup of apple cider or white vinger a day and this helps to cut down on the problem and it also curves apptite.

Apple cider vinegar in a glass decanter with apples.
Cleaning With Vinegar
Better Living Green Living Cleaning TipsJanuary 24, 2006
vinegar and baking soda
Uses for Vinegar
killing weeds
Planting After Killing Weeds With Vinegar
Inflating Balloon During Balloon Experiment
Blowing up a Balloon with Baking Soda and Vinegar
Vinegar Bottle
Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet
🎉
🎄