Removing Smell From Padded Bras

How can I get a smell out of my padded bras? I washed them and they smelled fine but when I took them out of the dryer the smell was back. I'm assuming it is persperation.

Nicplus3

Best Answer

Maybe you could try soaking your bra in warm water with a few drops of your favorite essential oil or scented oil in the water. Soak it in the sink and go about your business then wring it out and dry as usual. I haven't had this particular problem yet, but it should work. Best of luck to you.

Best Answer

Add one cup of white vinegar to a small washload - presoak for 30 minutes - run wash as usual. When they dry the smell should be gone.

Best Answer

Try Oxiclean, also I've heard putting them in the freezer over night kills the bacteria that makes the smell.

Try using scented drawer liners as well or potporri sachets in your lingerie drawer or a good old dryer sheet will work.

I have had a lot of success with using white vinegar to remove odors from washable fabrics.

ALSO, I've learned I can prevent unwanted scents in my padded bras by using an odoreating powder like Shower to Shower inside the cups, each time I put bra on. This works for me in the hot/humid South.