Ideas For Cat Themed Wedding

My daughter is getting married soon and she wants a 'CAT' theme. I need help coming up with something that will be small but have cats on it! Can someone help me out?

Best Answer

There are some really cute cat rubber stamps at craft stores or online. If you are looking to make favors, you could stamp a cat (or pawprints) onto little paper bags, tie them with raffia, and fill them with some sort of treat (maybe swedish fish... or some kind of candy that would tie into the cat theme). Then your daugher could use the same stamps to decorate her wedding album or make her own thank you notes.

Joanne's Fabrics has cat themed fabric, which you could use to make table runners or mats to go under your center pieces. Your centerpieces could be stuffed toy cats with a vase of whatever flowers you wish. Stuffed toy cats can be found in thrift shops, or perhaps your daughter has a collection.

Stores like Dollar Tree usually have ceramic cats of various sizes that could be used on the tables also. You could also ask on your local Freecycle for cat items.

Have you seen the remake of "That Darned Cat"? They had lots of women wearing little cat ears on headbands, and I thought they were incredibly feminine.

Whatever you do, I'm sure the wedding will be ...............

(sorry, couldn't resist that one!)

I just saw a cat theme wedding on The Learning Channel(TLC) on a show called "My big fat gypsy wedding". Some of the things she had were over the top but the cat design she used was very elegant. they even had the same design on their cake it was huge but looked very nice. The cats were white with clear crystal rhinestones to outline them.

If you want to see pictures of the cake and dress go to the TLC website.

A cat sitting by a basket full of flower pedals for a wedding.
Cat Themed Wedding Ideas
Weddings PlanningOctober 1, 2007
Cake with ropes and small anchors on it.
Nautical Themed Wedding Ideas
A married couple in a moutain setting.
Ideas for a "Green" Wedding
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Wedding Dress Sale square
Saving Money on a Wedding Dress