Bailey (Basset Hound Mix)

Bailey is about 6mos. old. I think she is part Basset Hound. I am disabled so, I am in bed most of the time. It is really lonely. I told my daughter I want a puppy to keep me company. She and her boyfriend went to the pound and brought her home to me. She has a cute pink curly bow attached to her. She won my heart with the first lick of "Hello."

I have worked with her to learn tricks. So, I guess you could say she likes to eat! She will growl to say she is "grouchy," barks to "talk to me," roll over, sit, crawl, and give "high five." She learned all of these tricks while we were on my bed.

I consider her to be extremely smart. And, the most loving dog I have ever had in my life. As you can see, her toy is very important to her. Bailey makes my life complete. I urge everyone, save a puppy from the pound.

By Diane from Choudrant, LA

What a precious story! I know personally what therapy my three dogs are for me. I think that is why God named them Dog... backwards for Himself! We have been blessed. What a cutiepie! God Bless You! The picture I have here is of my JackABee (Jack Russell, Beagle) mix, Gracie, cuddling me after one of my spinal injections. She KNOWS when I have them as she won't leave me alone. Even helps me gain leverage in the bathroom (I know..tmi).

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Wow..what a shock when I came across this picture, this dog is IDENTICAL to my Jack Russel/Basset mix dog, Bosco (BOSS).

Reply Like this photo? Yes