Storing Magic Markers

Looking for a way to store magic markers so my daughter can remove and replace the top without getting the ink all over her hands. I tried making a plaster of paris tub and setting the markers in with tops pointing down, but it doesn't last more than a couple days. Any ideas? Thanks.

Terry from NY

Did you try gluing the lids down?

drill a scrap piece of 2x4 using a spade bit the same size as the caps, 1/2 inch down should do it, then glue the caps in the holes upside down. E6000 is my favorite glue!!!! do this for as many markers as you have. the only downside I see to this is that you either have to use the same brand of markers all the time or make new holders.

Use washable markers, then it doesn't matter, keep baby wipes by the craft area and you have easy clean up!

When I taught preschool we had several boards with holes drilled in them to fit the lids as described by susan. It worked wonderful and there were less dried out markers and the markers were easier for the kids to put away.

All of those ideas are wonderful. The best solution is to teach her the PROPER WAY EARLY!!! I believe she will be able to handle it. If you work with her now. it will not take long for her to learn.

I am a grandma...That what I did for my children & grands!!!

Organizing CraftsFebruary 26, 2005
ARDELL Gray Magic Color Additive
Ardell Gray Magic Color Additive Reviews
star shaped magic wand
Magic Wand Crafts
ice cream with chocolate shell topping
Homemade "Magic Shell"
Mr. Clean Magic Erasers
Cleaning With Mr. Clean Magic Erasers
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 14, 2017 at 4:19:44 PM on 10.0.2.145 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.