Reviews of Netbooks

My birthday is coming up and I was thinking about what I want for my birthday. I was thinking maybe a netbook, but I don't know much about them. I was wondering, can you get internet on a netbook?

By Nicole from Binghamton, NY

Netbooks are low-powered notebook computers which are intended primarily to access the Internet. If you mostly do web browsing, instant messaging, or read email then it might be a good choice. The main advantage of a netbook is the size. They are very easy to carry around.

It's also possible to get a notebook computer for just a bit more. If you think you want to play PC games or use any more intensive applications then you might be happier with a notebook computer. Notebooks use more traditional processors and have bigger screens.

I'm not familiar enough with the netbook brands to recommend anything specifically. HP, Dell, and Sony all have netbook offerings and Acer seems to be known particularly in that market. Apple's nearest product is the iPad.

Unless it is a space problem I agree, you should look at a notebook. I was going to buy a netbook and started pricing and comparing with notebooks about a month ago.

Netbooks are small and run $300-600. I was able to get a notebook last week at WM for $348 which included a DVD/CD burner plus everything I could get on a netbook, only larger. You cannot save anything from a netbook unless you buy external hard drives or burners or transfer it to thumb drives to put on other computers first.

If you really must have a small screen I suggest you save up another $100-200 and get an iPad. Much better product for the price.

Just my opinion. :)

Yep, you can internet on a netbook (I have an Acer) but it seems to take longer to find a network and drops out easier (wifi) but I have found the keys smaller and I tend to keep hitting the wrong key so frustration sets in! Obviously, the screen is smaller so you are forever scrolling up and down and again this became frustrating. On a positive, lightweight. would I buy one again? No rush to buy, am happier with my hp lappie.

I've noticed ebay has the small laptops for $35 plus $35 shipping--you have to search on ebay for specifically "$35 mini laptops" or you won't find them easily. Good luck.

Consumer Advice General AdviceJuly 10, 2010
A woman putting on deodorant.
Deodorant Reviews
Fabric Softener Reviews
Fabric Softener Reviews
Ninja Blender
Ninja Blender Reviews
EmeryCat Board
Emery Cat Board Reviews
🎄
🍂