Master Grocery List

To save time and trips to the grocery store, I have a master list of everything I keep on hand. I keep it folded and stuck in a coffee cup in the kitchen cabinet. The items on the paper are listed in the order that it is set up in the grocery store.

When making my grocery shopping list, I pull out the master list. With the master list, it's easy to go around the house and check inventory and see what is needed. After making out my grocery list, I check the list on the refrigerator where I have jotted down items as I have thought of them and add anything I may have missed such as ingredients for a new recipe.

I clip coupons but remembering to use them has been a problem for me. To the master list, I just added the word "coupons". This is a reminder for me to check the coupons I have collected and see if I can use any of them. To jog my memory to use the coupons, once I get them to the grocery store, I staple them to the back of the grocery list and pull them off at the cash register.

Lately, I have saved $10.00 using coupons for items I was going to purchase anyway. That's a big savings with little effort. I'm not going to forget those coupons any more.

To me, my master list is a big help.

By Betty from NC

Our local grocery chain has printed grocery lists categorized by aisles. If you ask at the office they will give them to you for free. Saves having to make your own, you just check the box next to the items when you need them.

I also have a master list, but I made it on my PC using Office word. I saved it on my desktop labeled "Grocery List" I put everything I would normally buy into columns using the "Column" button and have everything listed in order EG:

Produce,(apples, oranges, bananas, etc)

Meat,(steak, porkchops, ham, bacon, fish, etc)

Canned Goods (soups, pasta sauce, etc),

Boxed Goods (cereal, popcorn, etc),

Baking supplies,

Frozen, Dairy,

Cleaning supplies, etc, etc.

I then print off about 10 copies at a time. I take one out, hold it on my fridge with a magnet, and just circle what I need as I think of it for that week of shopping. If I have any coupons, they also get put under the magnet along with the list.

Then I just take my list to the store and buy what is circled. (for the things I have coupons for, I use red ink to circle them)

On the back, there is plenty of space to write down other errands I have to run, and often number them so I don't do any backtracking across town. Easy, convenient and sure helps you to remember household supplies that are running low!

Please as for a copy of the grocery store's directory they give copies out free. That way you can not only make your list to match food location, your coupons match where the items are but saves time and confusion. When I start shopping this way I saved 10% put coupon discounts. Wow and I'm in and out of the store in 45 mins. with no luxury buys clutter.

Grocery List
Creating A Grocery List
Organizing ShoppingMay 11, 2011
A woman filling out Christmas cards.
Organizing Your Christmas Card List
Ninja Master Prep
Using a Ninja Master Prep
Ninja Prep Master Pro
Recipes for the Ninja Prep Master Pro
A woman looking at her shopping list.
Organizing Your Grocery List
🎉
🎄