Tomato Relish Salsa Too Salty

My homemade tomato relish salsa is too salty. How do I fix it?

By Rod M. from Canada

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I don't know if I can help you with the current batch but if you'll share the recipe you use here it will be easy to figure out how to adjust and 'maybe' be able to save the current batch ;-)

Don't know if this will work for your recipe, but I've made tomato sauce and added too much salt. This worked! I sliced one raw peeled potato into the sauce and continued cooking the sauce-worked like a charm. I removed the potato before I served the sauce. The potato was delicious too! It's an old trick.

You could try it in your salsa. Do you cook your salsa; maybe it would work. I'd love to have your recipe too! Good luck!

I used:

tomatoes (4)

onions (1/2)

jalapeno (1/2)

cilantro (Tbs)

garlic (2 cloves)

kosher salt (1 Tbs)

I don't cook it. Made it fresh.

Answer

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesOctober 11, 2009
Quart jars of pickle relish
Pickle Relish Recipes
Bowl of salsa with ingredients in background.
Dry Salsa Mix Recipes
A jar of homemade salsa.
Freezing Salsa
Black Bean Salsa
Black Bean Salsa Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2016 at 5:21:10 PM on 10.0.2.44 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.