Louie's Chili

I call this Louie's chili as it was based off of my late dad's recipe when we were growing up. The only thing I changed was using V-8 juice instead of tomato juice. (V-8 didn't exist yet when we were kids).

• 1 lb. ground beef
  • 2 small onions, chopped
  • 1 green pepper, chopped
  • 2 stalks of celery, chopped
  • 2 - 15 oz. cans chili beans
  • 1 - 15 oz. can dark red kidney beans
  • 2 - 14.5 oz. cans tomatoes
  • 1 Tbsp. chili powder
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 - 46 oz. can of V-8 juice

Brown ground beef and drain. Combine in soup pot with vegetables and seasoning. Cover with V-8 juice to the desired consistency. Simmer over medium or medium low heat for at least an hour.

I usually double the recipe to have leftovers, as it tastes even better the next day. It also freezes well, so is great to have on hand for a quick supper!

By Deb from Mankato, MN

Food and Recipes Recipes Soups ChiliDecember 7, 2007
Chili Soup
Chili Soup Recipes
pot of chili con carne
Chili Spaghetti Recipes
A large pot of chili, ready for canning.
Canning Chili
Stuffed Red Chili Peppers
Stuffed Chili Pepper Recipes