"Rescue Remedy" for Traveling With Pets

You can calm most cats or dogs before taking them to the vet or on a trip in a car, train or plane with a safe and simple homeopathic-type remedy called "Rescue Remedy". It's available in health food stores (for people, but pets can also use it). Many pet stores and vets sell an alcohol-free formula made just for pets. My mother's vet recommended she give it to her sick cat before giving him his daily IV. He also said it works great for pets that are going on trips or any stressful situation, like introducing another pet into the home, or if your pet hates being left alone. You simply give your pet several drops of this remedy. The directions are on the back. Rescue Remedy has no side effects and really works! I've seen the results myself.

I have been using these drops for myself for a couple years, I like them instead of St. John's wort or Valerian root. I do not notice any side effects, and the taste is not offensive. As a divorced mother with 4 kids, one daughter-in-law and one grandbaby living with me, these have been a life saver!

Thank you ever so much for this wonderful "tip".

We take a 100 mile trip at least once a month (visit grandchildren) in our RV & one of our cats just cries & wimpers the entire time. We have to keep her in a carrier to keep her from climbing the curtains. This should help her to sleep on the bed with the other one.

Again thank you, Elizabeth Kent - Salinas, CA

I keep Rescue Remedy in my purse for myself. I often forget about it, but it does work. Safe for pets and kids too. You only take a couple drops so the alcohol in the bottle is no worse than what you get in over the counter medicines. This would be good for pets/kids who are afraid of storms.

You can also get it in spray form. It is much easier to give to some pets that way.

I also really like Rescue Remedy. It's nice to have on hand all the time for stressful situations. And it does work well for pets too (just make sure to give a smaller dose if it's a small pet). I've also found it online at seacoastvitamins.com for a really good price. That's where I get all my supplements now.

I use the rescue remedy in pill form. That way you only have to watch which potencey you use. 6 X is always good. One pill in the mouth and it should disolve before they can spit it out.

Traveling With Pets, Dog with Lei and suitcase
Traveling With Pets
Pets TravelJune 8, 2008
Family eating food while on vacation.
Saving Money on Food When Traveling
Mother Getting on Plane with Young Children
Traveling with an Infant
Manchester Cathedral in England
England Frugal Travel Guide
Woman With Allergies
Traveling with Allergies
🎉
🎄