Homemade Powdered Apple Cider Mix

I would like to know if anyone out there knows how to make homemade powdered apple cider, just like the kind you can buy in the store? I want to be able to make my own. Thanks everyone.

By Pati

Why do you want powdered apple cider mix? Powdered drink mixes are never as good as the real thing. Why not make your own cider? Press some apples, that you picked yourself even, and you will be much happier with the end result.

An apple press is too heavy to carry when I backpack.

I want the powdered spiced apple cider because my husband really likes the one by Alpine, I believe its called and since he really likes it, I want to be able to make it myself, it can be really expensive, and I am not Betty Crocker, I do not do those kinds of things good, so I rely on others that are in the know, to teach me.

You can buy apple juice or cider and add your own spices to it which is MUCH better than the powdered stuff. Here is one mix you can make that you can add to juice: http://www.recipezaar.com/Hot-Apple-Cider-Mix-190036

I love that powdered mix too. I substitute it for tea or coffee. Delicious and easy to fix.

Mulled Cider

1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed

4 whole cloves

4 whole allspice

One 2 to 3 inch cinnamon stick

1 tbs dried orange peel, Fresh orange and lemon peel

2 quarts apple cider

Heat apple cider; add sugar and stir until dissolved. Tie spices and dried peel in cheesecloth and add to cider. Simmer for 15 minutes. Pour into mugs. Garnish with orange slices. Serve warm. I got this recipe from "Gifts from the Country Kitchen."

Would it be possible to dehydrate apple cider using a fruit leather tray and a dehydrator? And pulverize it? I really don't have a clue, but if you ever find a way, please post it.

Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesNovember 22, 2009
Mulled Grape Cider
Mulled Grape Cider Recipes
Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider, Two glasses of sparkling apple cider.
Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider
glass mug of hot apple cider
Hot Spiced Cider Recipes
Mulled Cider
Mulled Cider Recipes
🎄
🍂