Three Pepper Fajita Chicken (Freezer Meal)
This rainbow of a low fat meal can be served as is for a delicious low-carb option, or pour over rice or wrap in a flour tortilla for a family-friendly favorite.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 lbs chicken tenderloins (or boneless, skinless chicken breast) cut into bite-sized pieces.
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 yellow/orange bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- I jar (16 oz) store bought salsa
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (added after frozen meal is prepared and ready to actually serve)
- Over medium heat, heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken and sauté until ALMOST cooked through.
- Add all remaining ingredients except cheese. Cover and simmer until chicken is no longer pink.
- Allow time to cool to room temperature and place in single-meal sized containers (the size of the container will depend on how many people you usually serve).
Preparing Frozen Meal:
Allow time to defrost in the refrigerator or defrost in microwave until softened. Transfer from containers to large skillet and simmer until thoroughly cooked.
Serve over rice or in a wrapped in a flour tortilla, garnish with cheese.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In These Guides