Uses for Cupboard Doors

Uses for old wooden cupboard doors from the ThriftyFun community.

Table Top

Depending on the size and durability, what about adding some legs and making a really cute little kids table. You could paint it in a dainty pattern for girls or in a rough and tumble way for boys.

By Tupperangel

Folding Screen Or Blackboard

Hinge them together and make a folding screen or turn them the other way, paint them with black board paint and make a two sided blackboard.

By Thriftmeg

I just this week took an old cupboard door, primed it, then painted the outside molding an off white eggshell finish. I then antiqued it with glaze and brown paint. I covered this molding with paper and painters tape and sprayed the inside of the door with chalkboard paint. It now proudly hangs by my door going to the garage and we use it as a reminder board. As in "don't forget your lunch", etc.

It looks "beautiful" if I do say so myself.

Use As A Canvas For Artwork

I drew a picture of my cat and burned the edges of it. Then I decoupaged it on a cabinet door. It has always hung over a prominent doorway in all the homes I have lived in. My girl has been an angel in heaven for many years now but I always have her near me, she's right above my right shoulder now.

By Lily 59

Paint a favorite saying on it.

By RealtorRose

Large Scrapbook

Hinge together and make a large scrap book or photo album for large portraits.

By Lzygranny

Three Great Ideas

• Glue on sheet of cork and use as a bulletin board

• Decoupage inside and paint the 'frame' and you now have a picture to hang on your wall.

• Use as base for mosaic making/paint and decorate edge then glue on an old mirror.

By Lisingreece

Extra Storage

I had a friend who had an old farmhouse kitchen, plenty of room, no storage. She had a lot of shelves, which she put up on one long wall then bought - at a 'going out of business sale'- a group of cabinet doors to cover and ended up with plenty of storage! So much so that she bought extra baskets for her dishwasher and just popped them onto a shelf full of her clean dishes.

By Sheilamay

Feel free to post your ideas below.

Paint a picture in the panes!

Dear Sheilamay,

Thank you for the photo, I just love it and it has given me ideas for other things to do with the doors.

Dear Lily 59,

This sounds very interesting, any chance that we could see a picture of it? I would like to do one with a photo of my little doggie.

Crafts Recycled CraftsAugust 15, 2007
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Bungalow style kitchen cabinet with glass paned doors.
Cleaning Glass Doors on Wood Furniture
metal burner covers
Uses for Burner Covers