Watch Out for Scam Emails from the IRS

The spammers are at it again. There are reports of fake emails from the IRS telling you of a $63 refund. These are FAKE, do not respond to them. They are phishing for your personal information for identity theft purposes. I just saw this on the news. The IRS reports they do not send out emails.

another scam that is going around..i got an email telling me that $33.52 was being sent to rbson32 for an e bay purchase and if you click on the item it will actually show the item to you and you can actually look up the ebay sellers feedback but this is a scam i sent it on to ebay and paypal and also checked with my bank to make sure no one was trying to take money out of my account.

I agree. I get several phishing emails from ebay and paypal daily. Because we handle a lot of accounts, I quite often get all the spam before anyone else. We can filter some of it, but must be careful not to filter out our clients and website users mail. For any email from Paypal or Ebay (that you were not expecting), you can forward to or and they will send you back an answer quickly.

Also it is important to never login to your bank or credit card accounts through an address in an email. Go to the site directly and login there.

Susan from ThriftyFun

A great place to check out such things to see if they are real (as well as other urban legends) is Here's the link I found for just this type of email:

If it sounds too good, it probably is - check it first!

Where can you forward the fake e-mails

Hacker sitting streaming data
Warning Signs for Internet Scams
Computers SpamFebruary 26, 2006
Wrist Watch
Cleaning a Wrist Watch
Purple and Black wrist watch
Replacing a Watch Battery
IRS Audit
Dealing With an IRS Audit
Removing Condensation from Inside a Watch