ScarvesCrochet

Jingle Bell Scarf

Debra Frick
Category Scarves

Christmas is coming! and it is time to start thinking about those presents we want to make for our family and loved ones. I have young adults who are very into the latest fashions and I too have noticed that one of the latest trends is away from the thick wide scarf that we all grew up with to a small thin scarf that is very long. Working with some yarn that I had bought last year I worked up this scarf in no time at all. It is easy enough for a beginner crocheter as it only uses the double crochet stitch. I have also included an alternate ending just like those crazy movies.

Time to complete: Two evenings of TV if you crochet at an average speed

Materials:

• one 6 oz. skein of sparkle Christmas Yarn I used Christmas Gold by Caron
  • one I crochet hook
  • small amount of contrasting ribbon
  • 2 large or 4 small jingle bells gold or silver depending on the colors in your yarn.

Instructions

Chain 9. In second stitch of chain double crochet in each stitch across. (8 dcs). Row 1- 204 Chain two and turn. Double crochet in each stitch across.

Near the end of each end make a small bow tying in the jingle bells. This way the jingle bells can be removed for cleaning.

Alternate Ending

Materials:

• 2 skeins of fun fur yarn
  • one I crochet hook

Follow the directions above. Near both ends, tie with a pretty satin bow.

About The Author: Debra Frick is a mother of 5 and a grandmother to 8 grandsons and one granddaughter. She is a published author and poetress. Recycling and saving money are her passions. She also loves crocheting and cooking. She is also a pet rescue volunteer and has many pets of her own.