Product Review: The Diet Solution Program

Product: Diet Solution

Cost: $47.00

I saw the video on the internet and was impressed. You get about six different diet manuals, including a cookbook, for $47.00. Well, please learn from my foolishness.

The internet video has sensible diet tips. The actual diet has too many restrictions to follow, including restrictions that aren't backed up by most medical doctors. For example, soy products are labeled as toxins. OK, that explains why all those millions of Chinese have been dropping like flies. Oh, wait. They have been doing fine with a soy-based diet for generations. You are only supposed to drink raw milk. Everything has to be organic. You are supposed to use Stevia, a sweetener that hasn't been approved by the FDA. Even making ice tea, which they call tea juice, is complicated because you have to use special ingredients.

There is some good advice mixed in and some of the recipes are doable. I will try the simple recipe for brown rice bread. There are only three ingredients and I can make it in the toaster oven since you use an 8 inch pan or casserole. Mostly, I would say, buyer beware!

By susannl from St. Cloud, FL

Just because YOU don't agree with it doesn't mean it's a scam or something. What's wrong with organics anyway?

Stevia: is a plant that has been used for about 500 years in S America (pre Columbian). Much longer than Monsantos nutrasweet. It's really natural since it is a dried plant leaf. You can buy it unbleached (green powder) or bleached (white powder).

You need very little because it is so sweet. If you take too much its got a licorice aftertaste. China has been using it, Japan has it in coke etc (we can't get it here). There's no money to make for one corporation on a plant. Think sugar. Lots of companies sell sugar, no real profit margin or monopoly on a plant. Only if you somehow change the sugar plant can you put a monopoly on it.

Monsanto is big bucks corporation and has managed to keep it out of the food except as a herbal supplement.

Years ago the FDA had raided warehouses to pull the cook books, bookstores weren't allowed to sell them.

But then again Monsanto is also the same company that has roundup corn etc. Yum yum.

The was a huge kill off of monarch butterflies years ago when the milkweed fields were next to the roundup test fields. But that"s allowed, money talks

http://www.steviacafe.net/dangers-of-stevia

Ria

I am so sorry you had to learn the hard way!

So many people get sucked in by clever advertising in almost any marketing realm but especially dieting and heath aids :-( The last one was Acai Berry which is a total fraud (and before that was Gogi Juice and on and on and on) and some of these companies continue charging your account because of the 'fine print' after you make the initial purchase :-(

I've been lucky and never did anything like this but I know so many people who have and I thank you for sharing your review to possibly help others from making the same type of mistake and especially when it comes to scams that can affect peoples health!

To the other two posters so far: The problem with Stevia, same as sugar, is a risk of hypoglycemia. Plus, in the US, Organic doesn't necessarily mean Organic because it's not regulated the way most people think Organic is regulated. It's all a farce and companies for many items, food or otherwise, abuse no differently than Monsanto.

This is on the FDA website, so this claim that it hasn't been approved is somewhat not accurate.

"Has Stevia been approved by FDA to be used as a sweetener?

Based on its review of information and data submitted by industry, FDA has concluded there is no basis to object to the use of certain refined Stevia preparations in food. These refined Stevia preparations may be lawfully marketed and added to food products sold in the United States."

Everyone cannot take, eat, drink or whatever, the same thing. Everyone has different or NO side effects with the same products! What doesn't work for one might work someone else.

As for your diet, the ONLY thing you need to know is when to STOP eating! It's called behavior modification.

You need to know when to push the plate away, eat on a salad plate and DO NOT get seconds. If you want a diet plan... drink an 8oz glass of water 30 minutes before you eat and it will help you to feel full, eat a slice or two of bread with your meal, because it will act as a filler making you feel full.

Don't eat after 7pm and if you feel the 'urge' for a snack, eat a piece of fruit, a few nuts (almonds & walnuts are good and good for your heart as well), or drink a glass of water flavored with lemon juice.

We all know that if you expend more calories than you take in, you'll lose weight, so take a walk! Walking is the best exercise you can get.

There's plenty that you can do and not spend hard earned money on these fad diets.

Like I've alwys heard.. "there's a fool born every day" and these type of companies know it!

Thank you. I was considering this program, but will do some more research. I did hear that they recommend a lot of water! more than the recommended 64 oz. a day! I float on the 64!

Thank you for sharing. I never heard of this diet and would not have bought it anyway. However I do find it interesting to read reviews by people who have tried things and are willing to share. That's what Thrifty Fun is all about! I've learned a lot this way. Thanks again!

Stevia, a sweetener that has been approved by the FDA. and besides the FDA dosen't know most of what there talking about, thank you.

Although it doesn't address this particular diet, I recommend the site quackwatch.com. It explains the faulty reasoning behind many health claims.

I also wrote to the author of the site when I was concerned about a news article that stated that microwave popcorn can cause lung damage because of the vapors you inhale inadvertently when opening the bag. He kindly wrote back allaying my fears.

One more thing about Diet Solution. If you look for reviews of the diet on the web they turn out to be advertisements masked as reviews. (Maybe there are objective reviews out there and I just didn't find them). I would guess that this is true of many product reviews. You have to question who is writing a favorable review and what they stand to gain from it.

Health & Beauty Weight LossJune 8, 2010
woman brushing a cat
Product Review: FURminator
A healthy meal of wok fried vegetables being prepared.
Finding Old Weight Watchers Menus
two young African American women with curly hair
Product Review: S Curl - Curl Activator
A happy nurse giving two thumbs up.
Nurse Themed Party Ideas
🎄
🍂