Learn a Sense of Your Size

Sizes don't matter in clothing - just the fit. So learn to develop a sense of your size no matter what the size markings are.

Very often things end up in thrift shops because they were originally mismarked. (And a shoe that's marked, say, size 9, is actually more an 8.) And imported Asian sizes are generally smaller than U.S. sizes.

By Pam from L.A., CA

I think that I am the feedback hog of the day, but I have to tell you about my experience a few days ago.We have to be careful with our money like just about everyone else and there dog, these days.We had to go to Spokane for a family situation, and in a few days our Church was going to have a Women's retreat that my daughter and I were going to attend and the Church helped pay our way.I was able to buy one pair of black pants at Wallmart, but it was a little of a splurge, and everything else looked so tempting, because of the bright spring/summer colors, I wanted to buy it all, but had to stop myself.It was the night before we were going to leave Spokane and then just had another day to get ready for the retreat.We spotted a dollar store and there were two to decide from, the one we stopped at was the closest to the side of the street we were driving on.I was thinking it would be nice if I could maybe find a pair of earings, or something to brighten the clothes I already had.I spotted a rack of colored tee shirts and a few capri type pants to match, my mouth just about fell open, these were marked Medium.I am not even close to medium, so I looked further and saw my size.This next part is the clincher.I love clothing but I hate scratchy tags, when I am at home I look crazy because some days I will where something inside out, till I can take the time to get the tags off.It's kind of like the princess and the pea.That nylon thread and the fabric they make tags out irritate my neck, so I discovered these tee shirts were tagless, and a brand name to boot.I have learned that somebody bigger than me, knows all of my needs and the fact that I could buy a bright lavender outfit for a dollar a piece without tags is an amazing detail.Kersti P.S. The clothing was marked with an M over the real size, like the original author said, don't limit yourself to what looks like the wrong size, also my Mom in law taught me to look at tags at used stores, if the tags look new the clothing most likely is new, however in my case of tag sensitivity those little things can be sewn in there so well and some can outlive the garment.Thanks Thrifty Fun for letting me ramble here, you are welcome to edit this.

Second hand clothing on a rack for sale.
Buying Second Hand Clothing
Consumer Advice Shopping Apparel & FashionMarch 21, 2006
Home Decor Shop
Name Ideas for a Home Decor Shop
Watering a gardening with drip irrigation.
Watering Your Garden
Resizing Baking Pans
Baking Pan Conversion
Large roast turkey.
What Size Turkey Should I Cook?
🎄