Reuse Salad Dressing Inserts

I save money on salad dressing by reusing the little inserts that are in the tops of some brands of salad dressings. These inserts have a hole in the top to limit the amount of dressing poured onto the salad. I just pop them out of the empty bottles with a fork tine, wash them, and push them into dressing bottles that don't have these handy little items. They come in two sizes. They are particularly helpful when pouring an oil/vinegar dressing, allowing blending of the two ingredients rather than getting an overabundance of one, and not enough of the other. And no more salad swimming in an over-pouring of dressing! I'm sure I gain about 1/8 of the dressing, and the salad tastes much better with less "goop".

By Marilyn from Waukesha, WI

Excellent idea! Thanks!

Hi Marivan,

It has been a long time since this article was posted but I am interested it what you had to say. I also use those inserts. Unfortunately, I only have one and about a dozen open bottles of salad dressings around. Do you, or does anyone, know where these can be acquired? I think they have stopped putting them into the bottles. I haven't seen one in a long time.

Thanks, Grey

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsJanuary 25, 2009
Potato Salad Dressing
Potato Salad Dressing Recipes
Poppy Seed Salad Dressing
Poppy Seed Salad Dressing Recipes
A bottle of homemade salad dressing.
Making Italian Salad Dressing Mix
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 21, 2016 at 9:00:25 PM on 10.0.1.194 in 984 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.