Asparagus Medley

In the South, we don't always get enough asparagus to have a full meal because it doesn't quite like to grow as good as in the North.

There are only 2 of us so I didn't put the amounts. The amounts of each don't really matter, just what the amount you need when finished.

• asparagus (whatever you have)
  • broccoli crowns (as many as you like)
  • cauliflower flowerettes (I also include the stems in here)
  • canned or fresh English peas or green beans
  • 2 to 3 Tbsp. of butter (I use real butter)

Directions:

Put all this in a steamer basket and steam while you cook the rest of the food, Or about 10 minutes at most, depending on how crunchy or soft you like your veggies. Serve with the rest of your meal, adding any garnishes you like. Cooked this way the blend of even strong veggies is mild and easy to eat.

Servings: 2 to 4 depending on the amts.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes

Source: It's mine. I didn't have enough at one time to cook just one from our little garden and it was very good. My husband now prefers this to cooking these alone.

By fuzzytufts from Folkston, GA

Food and Recipes Recipes VegetablesMay 19, 2011
Asparagus in a Bamboo Steamer
Selecting Good Asparagus
asparagus on wood cutting board
Canning Asparagus
Pasta With Asparagus
Pasta With Asparagus Recipes
asparagus on wood cutting board
Freezing Asparagus
🎄
🍂